The Supergrip (UK) Ltd (patent pending) Fast-Lok Boltless Bend Restrictor offers the subsea cable protection industry three major advantages compared to the traditional 6-bolt systems:
1. A 20 to 30% reduction in equipment cost dependent upon the size of the product.
2. An 80% reduction on installation time
3. A design of protection system that meets the material selection criteria of Norsok M-001.
The system is fully qualified with all testing activities performed in-house on our purpose built static load test and dynamic cycling test machines. The system is supplied in modular form, pre-assembled with one locking pin. Using the packaging cradles supplied, each 1.5-m to 2m long module can then be quickly interlocked to increase the overall length of the cable protection system.
Once the cable is installed into the bend restrictor each knuckle is closed in turn and one pin engaged. All installation tooling is provided by Supergrip for a quick and efficient installation. The design of the Fast-Lok not only dramatically improves the installation time, but removes any potential for galling of stainless steel fasteners.
For a long-term subsea design life the locking pins are manufactured from titanium grade-5 in accordance with Norsok M-001 material selection.
However, as with all of our products, a bespoke service is available to suit a clients specific project requirements. All bespoke systems are subjected to a formal design process including Finite Element Analysis. The manufacture of each bespoke system is carefully controlled and monitored with full material traceability and testing performed.
• cable diameters: 50mm to 400mm
• standard bending moments: 10kNm & 30kNm
• standard minimum bend radius: 2m and 3m
• low cost solution
• easy and reliable to assemble
* optimum material selection